Friday, February 15, 2013

Aspiring Writers: Have you asked yourself these questions?



10 Questions Every Writer Should Ask Themselves

I have comprised a list of questions I believe every writer should ask themselves before launching out into the writing industry.  Being truthful about your answers to these particular questions will make you more aware of your strengths and challenges, and help you zone in, and work towards improving in those areas where you aren't fully confident.
I have answered these questions on several occasions, and my honest answers always reveal my true passion towards my writing career.  Hopefully, they will do the same for you.

1.      Why do I write?
2.      Who do I write for?
3.      Do I take myself seriously as a writer?
4.      What are my short and long term goals as a writer?
5.      Because a writing career requires discipline, am I self-disciplined enough to set and reach goals on my own? If not, what am I willing to do to become more disciplined?
6.      Am I passionate enough about being a writer to motivate myself during rough patches?
7.      Can I handle rejection?
8.      What am I willing to do, and/or sacrifice, to grow and develop as a writer?
9.      Am I committed to being a writer for the long haul, or am I just exploring a hobby?
10. Do I have a writing mentor/coach?

Let's chat!  Do these questions make you take a serious look at your desire to become a writer?  


No comments:

Post a Comment