Wednesday, February 20, 2013

An Aspiring Writer's Prayer




Lord, 

Thank You for bestowing upon me the gift and desire to pen words that will impact the lives of others. Give me the courage to step outside of the negative thoughts that come to hinder me and rob me of allowing your voice to speak through me. Help me to connect to Your strength so that I may overcome every mental hurdle that causes fear, insecurity, and inferiority to back me into a corner, afraid to share my gift with those around me. Teach me to be confident in who I am through You and what You have placed within me, so that I don’t compare myself to other writers. Help me to embrace my own uniqueness, and be true to my own voice and writing style as it pertains to the purpose You have in place for me, and remind me that I am not in competition with other writers. 

In those times when I face rejection, as I’m sure I will, help me to understand that it is not man’s acceptance of my gift that matters, but Yours. When I feel like I lack knowledge, teach me to not only gain wisdom from You, oh God, but to educate myself through the resources available to me. Above all else, as I journey out as Your scribe, lead me along my writing according to Your will. Make me Your ready writer. 

In Jesus’ name, Amen.

*Excerpted from "3 Mental Hurdles to Bulldoze from Your Mind", LRC Editing's inspirational resource for aspiring writers.*

No comments:

Post a Comment